RightsTrade LLC and its affiliates (hereafter referred to as “RightsTrade”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) respects the privacy of the users of our websites, online locations, mobile applications and services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information to, among other things, provide better services to you.
We may collect personally identifiable information from you including, without limitation, non-public information about you that you give to us in connection with your interactions with RightsTrade, the Site and other users of the Site, that helps RightsTrade identify you, such as first and last name, email address, employer name, employer’s street address, job title, job role, telephone number(s), photograph, transaction history, billing information, credit card information, bank account and routing numbers, date of birth, information you choose to include in your User Profile (as defined below) and other non-public information.
We also may collect non-personally identifiable information, including, without limitation, information that does not personally identify you as the individual to whom the information relates, such as information that is aggregated by RightsTrade or a third party, or information that is not linked to contact information or other personally identifiable information about you. This would include information about your use of the Site such as your IP address, usage statistics, browsing and navigational history when visiting the Site, messaging history, general geographic location such as the city from which your computer or device is connecting to the Internet, webpages requested and visited, timestamps, sites you visit prior to and after visiting the Site, type of computer operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer), the domain name of your internet service provider; and information regarding your internet location when you see RightsTrade’s ads and whether you click on such ads.
In addition, we may collect information regarding your age, gender, occupation, zip code, and interests, purchase preferences, language preferences, account ID and password for the Site, and content you access, view, click on or search for when on the Site, the device from which you access such content and the length of time for which you view same. In the event that such information is maintained in a manner that identifies your name or contact information, it will be treated as personally identifiable information; otherwise, such information will be treated as non-personally identifiable information.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect personally identifiable information when you provide such information to us, such as when you register for your online RightsTrade account, create/modify the user profile of your RightsTrade account that is viewable to users of the Site (“User Profile”), sign up to the Site to view content or accept invitations to view content, and communicate with us via email or the Site. We also may obtain personally identifiable information when you transact business through the Site, upload content to or transmit data through the Site, and send and receive messages, invitations or information through the Site. If you are logged in to your RightsTrade account we also may collect additional personally identifiable information such as content you access, view, click on or search for when on the Site, the device from which you access such content and the length of time for which you view same. If the content you upload to the Site contains personally identifiable information about others, we may collect such information.
We automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information from your use of the Site, including, without limitation:
- Log information: information that is collected and stored in server logs.
- Cookies and Other Collection Technology: information that is collected using cookies, web beacons, pixels, gifs, tags, browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches, or similar technologies (collectively, “Collection Technology”) that may uniquely identify your browser, device or your RightsTrade account. When you visit the Site, your web browser may store cookies or other Collection Technology on your computer or device, or your computer or device may be exposed to other Collection Technology which work independently or in conjunction with the Collection Technology stored on your computer or device. You will be able to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings of your web browser. However, we recommend that you leave them turned on to take full advantage of our Site.
- Unique application numbers: Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to RightsTrade when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
We also may acquire personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information from other sources (such as offline records or publicly available information), from third parties such as our business partners, vendors and other third parties; and the owners or operators of sites or applications where our advertisements appear, some of which may partner with RightsTrade or with an advertisement network used by RightsTrade. Non-personally identifiable information also may be obtained by these other sources from inferences based upon the sites you visit; third party data; information you share on other sites, social media platforms and applications; or demographics derived from profiles or accounts that you create through other websites, to the extent permitted in their privacy policies.
HOW WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- The personally identifiable information we collect allows us to keep you posted on RightsTrade’s latest announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list or have RightsTrade notifications sent to your email address, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences in your RightsTrade account menu. We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate your use of the Site.
- We also use personally identifiable information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- From time to time, we may use your personally identifiable information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and other transactions on the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with RightsTrade, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personally identifiable information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve RightsTrade’s products, services, and customer communications, and the Site.
- When you contact RightsTrade, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
- RightsTrade may process personally identifiable information on a server located outside the country where you live.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, processing payments and providing marketing assistance. They would have access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but won’t be authorized to use it for other purposes.
- We may also use your personally identifiable information to enforce the Terms of Service, process payments, for fraud prevention, internal operations, legal compliance, and other public and security related purposes; and for other purposes if you provided your personally identifiable information for such purposes.
- We may provide certain personally-identifiable information to other registered users of the Site such as information regarding whether you access, view, click on or search for another user’s content on the Site, if you check the availability of, request a screener for, or add such content to your tracking list, the device from which you access such content and the length of time for which you viewed same. If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow your team members or other users to make full use of the Site.
HOW WE USE YOUR NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may use, transfer and disclose non-personally identifiable information for any purpose. For example:
- The non-personally identifiable information we collect allows us to better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We also use non-personally identifiable information to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our Site, and services are of most interest.
- We may also use non-personally identifiable information for other internal purposes such as to administer the Site, carry out internal operations, analyze performance of the Site and diagnose problems, improve the browsing experience for the Site.
Your non-personally identifiable information also may be used to analyze and develop advertisements and advertising campaigns, provide you with special offers and promotions and determine the effectiveness of same.
RightsTrade also may use your non-personally identifiable information to present you with targeted content and advertisements (including on third party websites and apps) based on your past visits to the Site and your non-personally identifiable information collected over time by us and third parties, optimize and determine the effectiveness of content and advertisements, analyze your interactions with the content and advertisements you are presented with, and how those interactions relate to your visits to the Site. Some of our third party partners participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising and allow consumers the ability to opt-out of targeted advertising based on web activity tracking.
If we do combine non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information, the combined information will be treated as personally-identifiable information for as long as it remains combined.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE
Many of the services available through the Site allow for your information to be shared with others. Remember that when you include information on your User Profile or post information to the Site it may be publicly available, indexable by search engines, and collected and used by other users of the Site, as well as those outside the RightsTrade community without compensation and without notice. Also remember that when you share information with other RightsTrade users through messages, postings, invitations, or otherwise, such information may become publicly available through the actions of other users or through other means, and if so may become indexable by search engines, and collected and used by other users of the Site, as well as those outside the RightsTrade community, without compensation and without notice. RightsTrade has no obligation with respect to the information you choose to include on your User Profile or information that you otherwise choose to share via the services made available through Site. We recommend that you use caution when you using these features of the Site.
The Site may also contain social plugins for other websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and . We recommend reviewing the privacy policies with respect to the social plugins for each of these websites, prior to clicking on such plugins.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whenever you use the Site or our services, you are responsible for keeping your personally identifiable information current and accurate. You may be able to update your information by modifying your RightsTrade account via your User Profile menu or emailing us at email@example.com. We strive to give you ways to update, modify or to delete certain personally-identifiable information, but note that we may have to keep certain information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating, modifying or deleting your personally identifiable information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort and provided same is allowed under applicable law. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
COMMUNICATIONS WITH YOU
You authorize RightsTrade to send messages to you through the Site, to send emails to you or to telephone you to respond to your communications, and provide information to you about specials, promotions, new developments, special events, other activities or services. Where required by applicable law, we will seek your prior written consent before doing so or will provide you with the ability to opt of such communication. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your dealings with the Site or technical information about the Sites.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share personally identifiable information we collect with companies, organizations and individuals outside of RightsTrade if the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent
We will share personally identifiable information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of RightsTrade when we have your consent to do so.
- If you have made it public
We reserve the right to share personally identifiable information that you have made public to users of the Site, such as the information contained in your User Profile, without compensation and without notice.
- For external processing or outsourcing
- For legal reasons
It may be necessary – by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence – for RightsTrade to disclose your personally identifiable information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms of Service or protect our operations or the rights, property or safety of users of the Site or the public. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of RightsTrade’s business or operations, we may transfer and/or disclose any and all personally identifiable information we collect to relevant third parties.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners and others. For example, we may share non-personally identifiable information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. We also may share personally identifiable information with our affiliates, business partners, other users of the Site, and other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Additionally, we may take personally identifiable information and de-identify it and share it in a de-identified or aggregated form with third parties, advertisers and/or business partners to analyze the Site’s usage or demographics, or improve our products or services, improve our user experience, or for similar purposes. We will not re-identify such data and we will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident and have provided personally identifiable information to RightsTrade, you are entitled by law to request certain information regarding any disclosure that may have been made by RightsTrade to third parties of personally identifiable information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. RightsTrade is required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above email address.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY RIGHTS OF EU RESIDENTS
If you are a resident or are located in the European Economic Area (EEA) and have provided personally identifiable information to RightsTrade you have:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on personal data being processed by RightsTrade and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to request rectification, erasure, processing restriction or portability of your personal data.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We may request you to provide proof of your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
We work hard to protect RightsTrade and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt some of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We use reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your information.
No transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of RightsTrade to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personally identifiable information, neither RightsTrade nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using the Site. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that RightsTrade may have inadvertently collected personally identifiable information from your child, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your child’s personally identifiable information be deleted.